Ryan’s Case for Smiles (“Case for Smiles” “we,” or “us”) respects and values your privacy. As part of our commitment to use the information you share with us responsibly, we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information that relates to you, your computer, or your device and that enables your identification (“Personal Information”).
Case for Smiles operates or provides access to interactive websites, mobile applications, and other online interactive features and services, including emails, newsletters, social media groups, and other forums (collectively, “Services”). This Privacy and Cookie Notice (this “Notice”) describes how we process Personal Information about you that we collect through Service operated and controlled by us from which you are accessing this Notice. This Notice does not apply to information that we collect offline, such as over the telephone or in person. By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
- WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES; THIRD PARTY VIDEO OR AUDIO PLATFORMS
- COOKIES AND OTHER PASSIVE COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- DATA RETENTION
- PARENT RIGHTS TO REVIEW, DELETE, AND CONTROL OUR USE OF A CHILD’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
a) What You Give Us
Some parts of the Services may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, you may voluntarily provide Personal Information to us in the following ways:
- Contact Us Forms and Correspondence: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. For example, we collect the information that you provide on the “contact us” form available on the Services.
- Register to Participate in Activities: If you sign up to participate in activities, we will collect the information that you voluntarily provide when registering. This information may include your name, username, and password.
- Consent Records: If we ask for your permission to take an action, we will retain a record of the consents you have given, together with the date and time, means of consent, and any related information, such as the subject matter of the consent.
- Records of Participation and Response to Survey Questions: If you participate in an activity we will keep of record of your participation and will collect any information that you voluntarily provide as part of the activity. So, for example, if you watch a story on SibSpace, we may ask you a series of questions about your experience, the story, and your reaction to it. If you choose to respond to those questions, we will keep a record of your response.
- Subscribe to Mailing List: If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your email address.
- Social Media Posts: If you choose to comment on our social media pages, we may collect any information that you voluntarily provide.
We may combine Personal Information you submit through the Services with other information we have collected from or about you, whether on-line or off-line. We treat the combined information in accordance with this Notice.
b) Passive Collection of Information from Use of the Services
c) Location Data
If you use certain parts of our Services, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address or mobile device, or you may be asked to input location data. We use this location data to provide information that we think is relevant to you.
d) Data about Children
We may collect information about children under the age of 13 who use the Services. We notify parents regarding the collection and use of this information and provide parents the opportunity to opt out. Please see Section 8 of this Notice.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We use Personal Information submitted by you or otherwise collected through the Services for the purposes described in this Notice and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information you provide to better understand the emotional impact of childhood illnesses and injuries on the entire family and how each family member copes. We also use the information you provide to us for the purpose for which you provided it. For example, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came. We may also use Personal Information about you as specifically described below:
- Requests, Inquiries, and Applications: We may use your Personal Information to process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications. So, if you provide us with Personal Information to participate in an activity, we may use your information to administer your participation. If you request certain information from us, we will use your Personal Information to process and respond to your request.
- Manage Our Relationship With You: We may use your Personal Information to facilitate your use of our Services and your account, and to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Services, such as information about changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative information.
- Personalization: We may use your Personal Information, including your history with us, to personalize your experience and to deliver content relevant to you.
- Internal Operations: We may use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us operate, evaluate, and improve the quality of the Services; to better understand those individuals that utilize the Services; to verify your identity; to prevent, protect against, identify, or address fraud, unauthorized activity, claims, liabilities, and other wrongdoing; to provide you with customer service; and to generally manage our operations.
- Traffic Data: We may use Traffic Data to perform data analytics and to personalize your experience on the Services. To learn more about how we use Traffic Data, please see Section 5 of this Notice.
- Legal Requirements and Contractual Obligations: We may use your Personal Information for complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements and our contractual obligations.
We may use non-personal information or aggregate information that does not identify an individual without restriction, and we may share such information with third parties. For example, we may use non-personal information to conduct research and analyses to support our mission.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share your Personal Information only as described in this Notice or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates for purposes consistent with this Notice. Our affiliates will be bound to maintain that Personal Information in accordance with this Notice.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with individuals or companies that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer your Personal Information in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, liquidation, or reorganization. We may also disclose your Personal Information in the course of due diligence of such a transaction. You acknowledge and agree that any successor to or acquirer of Case for Smiles (or its assets) will continue to have the right to use your Personal Information and other information. Whether the recipient of your Personal Information in these cases will handle your Personal Information pursuant to this Notice will depend on the applicable law and other factors.
- Legal Requirements: We use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Passively Collected Information: We may share Traffic Data that does not identify you directly, but may identify your computer or device, as described in Sections 5 of this Notice.
4. LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES; THIRD PARTY VIDEO OR AUDIO PLATFORMS
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other online services, including other websites and video and audio conference platforms. It is your sole obligation to review and understand the privacy practices and policies of third parties. The availability of, or inclusion of a link to or interface with, any third-party service on the Services, such as a link to an article on a third-party website or a link to participate in a virtual webinar on a third party platform, does not imply endorsement of that website or platform by us. Your use of those other sites and services is subject to the privacy policies of those sites and services.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER PASSIVE COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate the Services, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
Through your device: If you access the Services through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the devices you use to access the Services.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies.
Using Monitoring Tools: Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”) to better tailor the Services in order to provide a better service. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Services. These technologies usually work in conjunction with cookies. To disable cookies used on our Services, and therefore any other tracking technologies that work in conjunction with these cookies, please follow the instructions below.
IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Services usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
Social Media Plug-Ins: We use social media plug-ins from social media networks like Facebook and Instagram, which are labeled on our Site with the well-known symbols of the respective social network. If you interact with these plug-ins, your activity on the Services may also be made available to those social networks. In order to understand how those social networks use and disclose your Personal Information, please review the privacy policies available on the websites of those social networks.
Do Not Track Signals: Our Services currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operate as described in this Notice whether or not a DNT signal is received.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information collected by us from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no network, server, database, or Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure, error-free, or “hacker proof.” Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you provide to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information.
7. DATA RETENTION
We generally retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes above, or for longer when required by law. To dispose of Personal Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Even if we delete your Personal Information, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
8. PARENT RIGHTS TO REVIEW, DELETE, AND CONTROL OUR USE OF A CHILD’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Parents have the right to review the personal information that we have collected about their children, to delete it, and to tell us to no longer use such personal information. If a parent does not want us to collect or use his or her child’s information anymore, the parent can cancel the child’s use of the Services. Parents should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to their child’s personal information or deletion of their child’s account. Note that, where permitted under applicable law, information may continue to be stored and used if required by law or legal process or to defend ourselves from a legal claim, but the information will only be used for such purposes.
9. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Opt Out From Direct Electronic Communications
Where it is in accordance with your preferences, Case for Smiles may send you direct electronic communications, such as through email. You may “opt out” of receiving these electronic communications by following the instructions in the message that you receive, or by sending an email to email@example.com indicating which communications you no longer wish to receive.
Opt Out From Cookie-Related Processing
You can opt out from certain cookie-related processing as described in Section 5 of this Notice.
Deletion of Personal Information
If you wish to have Case for Smiles delete your Personal Information from our system, you may submit a request for deletion to Case for Smiles by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Case for Smiles will seek to comply with your request as soon as practicable, but Case for Smiles will not delete information (i) that Case for Smiles is required to maintain to comply with the law or legal process, (ii) where such information is necessary for Case for Smiles to exercise its legal rights, or (iii) where such information is maintained in Case for Smiles’ normal backup systems where the information is not accessed or used except for backup and security purposes.
The operations of Case for Smiles may change from time to time. As a result, at times it may be necessary for us to make changes to this Notice to reflect changes in the law, our data handling practices, or the features of our services, websites, and apps. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to update or modify this Notice at any time. Modifications to this Notice will be posted on our website at [ ] and the new Effective Date will be displayed at the top of this Notice. In certain circumstances, Case for Smiles may, but need not, provide you with additional notice of such modifications, such as via email. Modifications will be effective 30 days following the Effective Date, or such other date as communicated in any other notice to you. Where required by applicable law, we will apply changes only with your consent.
Please review this Notice periodically, and especially before you provide any Personal Information. This Notice was updated on the date indicated above. Your continued used of our Services following the effectiveness of any modifications to this Notice constitutes your acceptance of those modifications. If any modification to this Notice is not acceptable to you, you should cease accessing, browsing, and otherwise utilizing Case for Smiles’ Services.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this Notice or the use of your Personal Information under this Notice, you can contact us at:
By email: email@example.com
By written correspondence:
Ryan’s Case for Smiles
295 E Swedesford Rd #396
Wayne, Pa 19087